Wednesday, October 27, 2010

October 26th at safeway

On a trip to safeway last night accompanied by a group of friends. We went the to get some food for dinner at my place. So far all is alright we were chatting having a good time. We were standing around while we were talking to guys stop and were looking at us with a strange look in their eyes. One of them was continuously stroking his dog (he was carrying a small dog) opened his mouth and said "SafeWay closes in ten minutes. This is not wall mart". He was pointing out that me and my friends -all of us belonging to different minorities- should not be in there. Then this person implied a sexual innuendo YUCK. This was so extreme that one of my friends fell on her back laughing because of this persons audacity. This prompted the manager to ask us if every thing's OK. We told her to keep her eye on that guy with the dog but she kept "checking up on us"(making sure we don't steal anything) she even had us followed by a "secret shopper". I have never been so offended in my life. first of all, I have been a loyal customer for three years. I have had to return products to them because they were rotten or opened and one of there previous cashiers had the galls to ask if my name was FAKE and now this. Just because a person is "of color" doesn't mean they are trouble makers plus this safeway is pretty close to a university campus you'd think they've seen enough people of color to know that but no we get treated badly while -and I have seen this- the caucasian customers open packages, drink from pop bottles and hide them else where in the store. They think that there is no racism well guess what it's still there you just need to learn how to spot it.

No comments:

Post a Comment