Wednesday, October 13, 2010

it's been a while

I have a vision. Am I a revolutionary. I don't think I am. I understand
two different cultures. Which i have experienced first hand. I even
understand the visual style of both
.

Here is where my vision comes in.
I want to bring these visual systems together. The world is a smaller
place these days and both cultures can benefit from this new style the problem
is my
professors don't understand or aren't trying to understand. I am being taught to emulate what has been done. I don't want to copy another person's style. I also understand that there will be situations where that is the right thing to do. However that hinders my creativity and sells me short.

What I do might not be there cup of tea I admit. Was I a fool to think that their job was to help me understand the system while being true to my style or While I develop one. Do I have to conform to their ways to pass.

Sadly when I am creative and original it's not what they want. Though they can't take there eyes off of it and are impressed they still shoot me down. It is sad that the students who are creative and original are looked at as if they where insane.

No comments:

Post a Comment